From "Freddy Gómez" <gcfre...@gmail.com>
Subject more loggers vs. more appenders
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:22:58 GMT
Hi,

I need to output to distinct files the events of distinct classes in my
application.

I have two options:

Configure a logger (with only one appender inside and with the additivity
set to false) for each class.

Leave a unique logger (the root logger) and add one appender to this logger
for each class, then use a LoggerMatchFilter (in the appenders) to drop the
logging event if the class is not the specified.

I don't know the underlying stuffs and cannot decide which one is better (if
there is place for this question) or side effects of choosing one.

I wonder if any of you have made such a configuration and can tell something
about.

Thanks in advance,

-Freddy