From Aleš Vojáček <algid...@gmail.com>
Subject XML configuration, windows service
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:11:17 GMT
Hi all,
I'm using

[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFileExtension = "conflog", Watch = true)]

in AssemblyInfo.cs

Almost everything works fine.
When I started service without config file there is no problem, simply service does not generate
log.
Then I add config file into service directory, again everything works fine, it starts logging.
If I change config file then the configuration change and again everything is ok.

But when I delete config file then service still loging, I hoped that it stops logging.

How to do that, I know that it can be done using change config file
instead of deleting it, but I need some more simple solution, because it
wil be used by our customers which has no knowledge about editing files.
I hoped that I will send them config file, which they simply copy into
app directory, then they send me log file back and then delete config
file. All without restarting service.

Can you someone help me with that?

A.