From "Rennie Petersen" ...@merlinia.com>
Subject RE: Change the logging directory at runtime
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:26:27 GMT
This may not be the best method, but it is possible to modify the log4net.config.xml file at
runtime.

This requires that you have used the ConfigureAndWatch method of configuring log4net.

Rennie

________________________________

	From: Freddy Gómez [mailto:gcfreddy@gmail.com]
	Sent: 29. juli 2008 20:59
	To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
	Subject: Change the logging directory at runtime

	Hi,

	I'm planning to use log4net to write events in a removable usb memory.

	As you can suppose I have problems setting the right path for the logging file in the removable
drive, there is no warranty about the drive where the memory will be mounted each time; and
the application, depending on its state, it can be using different removable memories at different
times.

	I wonder if there is any way of setting the file path of the FileAppender or RollingFileAppender
at runtime.

	Thanks in advance,

	Freddy.