From Nicolas Chollet <nicken...@hotmail.com>
Subject Retry to lock log files
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:40:26 GMT

 Hello,I am using log4Net for my application.Everything is fine, except during the night where
my server restart the IIS Worker process.And sometimes, the day after I don=92t have log!!A
guy from Microsoft told me that during the IIS operation on the Worker Process, the old process
(which locks the log file) is killed after the creation of the new process.So the new process
doesn=92t have the lock on my log file.At the beginning of my application, I do :
log4net.Config.DOMConfigurator.Configure()pLog =3D log4net.LogManager.GetLogger("MyFunction")How
can I test if the file is locked? So I will be able to develop a retry function after 30 seconds.Thank
you,PS : sorry for my English I am not very good in languages...Nicolas
Retouchez, classez et partagez vos photos gratuitement avec le logiciel Galerie de Photos
!
http://www.windowslive.fr/galerie/