From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to log to differnent textfiles?
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 21:51:03 GMT
I wouldn't recommend using the RollingFileAppender with the MinimalLock. There's no way for
one instance of the program to know that another instance has rolled the file. The MinimalLock
is slow compared to an ExclusiveLock. The most effecient file based appender across multiple
processes would probably be a normal FileAppender with a mutext based lock so the processes
can coordinate who is writing to the file. Someone has already implemented such a class:

 http://www.mail-archive.com/log4net-user@logging.apache.org/msg04116.html

That would be a good locking model to support in the next release.

----- Original Message ----
From: "Drinck@gmx.de" <Drinck@gmx.de>
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 7:53:24 AM
Subject: Re: how to log to differnent textfiles?

Hello!

Thanks for reply!

Yes, it works. But when I log many entries in both processes I receive a
log4net:ERROR [RollingFileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file
and after that an INTERNAL ERROR. Append is False but OutputFile ...
already exists.

There is no way to set the logfile path manual?
Or can I specify the folder to user data folder?

best regards,
Mad