From "Drinck@gmx.de" <Dri...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: how to log to differnent textfiles?
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 08:18:01 GMT
Hello!

Thanks for the code example.
Can you please give me a hint where I should put this peace of code
inside the log4net solution?

thank you.

Ron Grabowski schrieb:
> I wouldn't recommend using the RollingFileAppender with the MinimalLock. There's no way
for one instance of the program to know that another instance has rolled the file. The MinimalLock
is slow compared to an ExclusiveLock. The most effecient file based appender across multiple
processes would probably be a normal FileAppender with a mutext based lock so the processes
can coordinate who is writing to the file. Someone has already implemented such a class: