From Seth Milder <smil...@it-happens.net>
Subject Re: log4net stops logging for apparently no reason
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 17:00:47 GMT
Seth Milder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was very happy with log4net. Kudos to the developers. However, one
> day, it inexplicably and silently stopped logging.  We are using
> log4net for our internal SharePoint applications, in case this makes
> any difference.

I fixed this right after I sent this. Someone else's assembly got
deployed that uses log4net and did not contain the proper initialization
in  AssemblyInfo.cs. It seems there is some unwritten law of nature
where I am unable to fix an issue like this until I bother some mailing
list. This then immediately leads to the solution.

Sorry to bother you.

Best,

Seth

--