From "Bill Schmidt" <bin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using log4net.Util.PatternString in a PatternLayout
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 15:10:14 GMT
I had noticed it too.  My assumption as to the creation time stamp is
that when log4net rolls the files, It copies the current log file to
another file, and clears out the buffer of the current log, since the
log that it has is currently open,  this is easier(less prone to
errors) and faster than closing the log, deleting it, then recreating
it.

-Bill