From "Chris Jerdonek" <jerdo...@granicus.com>
Subject RE: how to log to differnent textfiles?
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 11:31:48 GMT
> But when I start my application more than once, I receive a "file in
use" exception.  Is it possible to set the logfile path at runtime?

You can also try using a "minimal lock," which lets multiple processes
write to the same file.  Just add the following to your appender config:

<lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />

This is covered in the log4net config examples in the FileAppender
section:

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/config-examples.html

--Chris

--