From "Robin Shahan" <Robin.Sha...@goldmail.com>
Subject RE: Log4Net stopping
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:47:27 GMT
Yes, it stops logging to both places. I'm looking at the debugging info that was output, and
there's a lot of this kind of stuff:

log4net: Logger: No appenders could be found for logger [GMStudio.gmPreviewForm] repository
[log4net-default-repository]
log4net: Logger: Please initialize the log4net system properly.
log4net: Logger:    Current AppDomain context information:
log4net: Logger:       BaseDirectory   : <snip>
log4net: Logger:       FriendlyName    : DefaultDomain
log4net: Logger:       DynamicDirectory: <snip>

and this

log4net: Hierarchy: Shutdown called on Hierarchy [log4net-default-repository]
log4net: Logger: No appenders could be found for logger [GMSound.SoundUtils] repository [log4net-default-repository]
log4net: Logger: Please initialize the log4net system properly.
log4net: Logger:    Current AppDomain context information:
log4net: Logger:       BaseDirectory   : <snip>
log4net: Logger:       FriendlyName    : DefaultDomain
log4net: Logger:       DynamicDirectory:

and this has error "does not have a RepositoryAttribute specified."

log4net: RollingFileAppender: Searched for existing files in [C:\Users\Jeanne\Documents\GoldMail]
log4net: RollingFileAppender: curSizeRollBackups starts at [0]
log4net: FileAppender: Opening file for writing [C:\Users\Jeanne\Documents\GoldMail\GoldMailLog.txt]
append [True]
log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Created Appender [RollingLogFileAppender]
log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Adding appender named [RollingLogFileAppender] to logger
[root].
log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Hierarchy Threshold []
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Creating repository for assembly [GMLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [GMLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null] Loaded From [C:\Users\Jeanne\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\EM6ZCA9H.ZH3\2YEVW4GX.TD1\gmst..tion_e84b302e57430172_0003.0002_8a24dc44b8cff001\GMLibrary.dll]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [GMLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null] does not have a RepositoryAttribute specified.
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [GMLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null] using repository [log4net-default-repository] and repository type [log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: repository [log4net-default-repository] already exists,
using repository type [log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Creating repository for assembly [GMBusinessLogicLayer,
Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]

Does this mean anything? Note than when I run it with the log debugging enabled, it works.

Thanks,
Robin