From "Cícero Raupp Rolim" <ironwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Proprieraty Layout Problem
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:49:37 GMT
Hi!

I have one question again :D!

In my project (for Compact .NET Framework), we need implement a specified
layout to logger. First, we included the log4net library in project and we
extended the Xml like below:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using log4net;
using log4net.Util;
using log4net.Core;

namespace MyProject.Log
{
    public class MyXMLLayout : log4net.Layout.XmlLayout
    {
        public override void Format(System.IO.TextWriter writer,
LoggingEvent loggingEvent)
        {
            //test layout
            writer.Write("NEW LOG ENTRY");
        }
    }
}

I compiled the project and add layout attribute in log4net config file, like
this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <log4net>
    <appender name="RollingFileAppender" type="
log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
      <bufferSize value="0" />
      <file value="mylog.txt" />
      <appendToFile value="true" />
      <maxSizeRollBackups value="5" />
      <maximumFileSize value="100KB" />
      <rollingStyle value="Size" />
      <staticLogFileName value="true" />
      <layout type="MyProject.Log.MyXMLLayout" />
    </appender>
    <root>
      <level value="ALL" />
      <appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender" />
    </root>
  </log4net>
</configuration>

When I run my project, the mylog.txt not contains the logged events of
system. If I restore the config file with layouts provided by log4net, the
software works fine. We need something else to do work this proprietary
layout?

Sorry for my bad english :(.

Thanks's

Cícero