From "Lee, Matthew" <m...@fhlbdm.com>
Subject RE: Problem CF + RollingFileAppender + Flush
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:56:55 GMT
Let me clarify my response.  I had a similar challenge with the
AdoNetAppender, which I fixed with the following configuration:

  <appender name="AdoNetAppender" type="log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender">
    <bufferSize value="0" />
  </appender>

This resulted in records being written out immediately.  I was hoping you
could do something similar with your appender.  As far as a "flush" command,
I'm not sure.  I'll leave that to more knowledgeable people on the list.

Thanks,

Matt

________________________________

From: Cícero Raupp Rolim [mailto:ironworld@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 11:49 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Re: Problem CF + RollingFileAppender + Flush

Hi Matthew!

I trying to read the content of last file of RollingAppender, but this file
keep "0" size until next file be created. I think that if we call one method
to flush data into file is one way to solve problem. Does log4net have one
method to flush information to FileAppender without call
LogManager.ShutDown()?

Thanks!

Cícero