From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: log4net .NET 1.1 problem
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 23:41:19 GMT
Does your TraceListener have write access to the place where its trying to create a file? If
you're having file permission issues, why not record the debug messages in memory then inspect
them later (i.e. use Response.Write to print them out):

// untested
public class MessagesTraceListener : TraceListener
{
    private static IList messages = ArrayList.Synchronized(new ArrayList());

    public override void Write(string message)
    {
        messages.Add(message);
    }

    public override void WriteLine(string message)
    {
        messages.Add(message);
    }

    public static IList Messages