From Morten Andersen <mor...@vianett.no>
Subject RE: log4net and IIS problems
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:39:42 GMT
Hi

Thank you for your response. I will try to use the shared locking.

Morten

Fra: Walden H. Leverich [mailto:WaldenL@TechSoftInc.com]
Sendt: 26. februar 2008 16:03
Til: Log4NET User
Emne: RE: log4net and IIS problems

>This seems to work just fine until I do some changes in the source. Since asp.net runs
as a
>shadow copy, changes will be compiled on the next request after the change was made.

The problem will also show its head on a worker-process restart for the same reason. There
are two possible ways around this. First, use the ProcessID in the file name, so you'd have
a new file since it's a new process (somewhat ugly). Or, use the shared-locking option so
the file is opened written-to and closed each time. This is certainly slower, but avoids the
cross-process locking issue.

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III