From Morten Andersen <mor...@vianett.no>
Subject RE: Problem CF + RollingFileAppender + Flush
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:06:46 GMT
Hi

Maybe it is possible to set the buffer timeout value so that the buffer will be written to
the file every x second even if the buffer size is not reached?

Morten

Fra: Price, Randall [mailto:randallp@vt.edu]
Sendt: 22. februar 2008 20:59
Til: Log4NET User
Emne: RE: Problem CF + RollingFileAppender + Flush

I am also using the RollingFileAppender without the <bufferSize value="0"> but do not
have this problem.

My logs are written out almost immediately as they happen.  Maybe there some other way to
flush them
Immediately as Cicero suggests below, but I am not doing anything special to make it happen.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Here is my log4net.config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<log4net>
  <appender name="RollingFile" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <file               value="logs\MyApplication.log"/>
    <appendToFile       value="true" />
    <maximumFileSize    value="2048KB" />
    <maxSizeRollBackups value="-1" />
    <countDirection     value="1" />
    <lockingModel       type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />
      <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger - %message%newline" />
    </layout>
  </appender>

  <root>
    <!-- Levels  (from lowest to highest):  ALL | DEBUG | INFO | WARN | ERROR | FATAL |
OFF | -->
    <level value="INFO" />
    <appender-ref ref="RollingFile" />
  </root>
</log4net>

Randall Price

Secure Enterprise Technology Initiatives
Microsoft Implementation Group
Virginia Tech Information Technology
1700 Pratt Drive
Blacksburg, VA  24060