From "Erich Eichinger" <E.Eichin...@diamonddogs.cc>
Subject RE: log4net and IIS problems
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:32:38 GMT
Sorry, seems I accidentially duplicated your answer.

Btw: Why not just use the rolling file appender?

-Erich

________________________________

From: Walden H. Leverich [mailto:WaldenL@TechSoftInc.com]
Sent: Wed 2008-02-27 16:30
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: log4net and IIS problems

Since they _can_ be in a common process I guess w/cross-app-domain code you could do something.
But it's more likely that they're in different processes anyway. Now you could do something
w/some sort of inter-process communication mechanism (MailSlot, Socket, shared memory, etc.)
but I don't know if I would. By the time you get there you might as well just use something
like a tcp appender to a remote process that logs the rows into the logfile.

-Walden

--

Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software