From "Walden H. Leverich" <Wald...@TechSoftInc.com>
Subject RE: log4net and IIS problems
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:02:40 GMT
>This seems to work just fine until I do some changes in the source.
Since asp.net runs as a

>shadow copy, changes will be compiled on the next request after the
change was made.

The problem will also show its head on a worker-process restart for the
same reason. There are two possible ways around this. First, use the
ProcessID in the file name, so you'd have a new file since it's a new
process (somewhat ugly). Or, use the shared-locking option so the file
is opened written-to and closed each time. This is certainly slower, but
avoids the cross-process locking issue.

-Walden

--

Walden H Leverich III