From "vikram srinivasan" <vikramthek...@googlemail.com>
Subject log4net .NET 1.1 problem
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:01:53 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to deploy an application that uses log4net.dll version
1.2.0.22663. The .NET FW that I use is 1.1 and running against IIS 6.0 on
Windows 2003.

The trouble is there is no log file being created when I run the application
against 1.1. However, if I switch the application to use 2.0, everything is
fine. Due to circumstances, I cannot switch my app to 2.0 on production.

I would like to know where I can see any log4net initialisation errors. I
did to turn on internal debugging. But system.diagnostics doesnt seem to
work with 1.1 for some reason. I get the following error,

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Exception in configuration section handler.

Source Error:

Line 182:        <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8"
responseEncoding="utf-8"/>
Line 183:    </system.web>
Line 184:    <system.diagnostics>
Line 185:        <trace autoflush="true">
Line 186:            <listeners>

Source File: E:\Plumtree\ptntcws\6.0\webapp\ntcws\web.config    Line: 184

Could someone please help me with this?
Thanks,
Vikram