From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Log File Naming Problem
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:03:56 GMT
NHibernate doesn't have the concept of a pluggable logger.

Can't you just put your changed FileAppender in its own assembly and use that? You'd probably
have to copy and paste the code from log4net's FileAppender but that might save you from recompiling
either library.

----- Original Message ----
From: Steve Wranovsky <wranovsky@gmail.com>
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:19:48 PM
Subject: Re: Log File Naming Problem

Sorry for all the questions, but I had one more.  We're also using
NHibernate 1.2 in one of our apps.  It's compiled against log4net
1.2.10.  I attempted to recompile 1.2.10 w/ my changes, but because of
strong naming, the precompiled NHibernate will not use this new
version of the log4net.dll.  Is there any way around this besides
recompiling NHibernate against the new log4net.dll ?

Thanks,
Steve