From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conversion pattern reverse engine
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:09:32 GMT

On Jan 17, 2008, at 11:07 PM, Ron Grabowski wrote:

> [...]

In the log4j receivers companion (http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/receivers
), there is org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver that
processes a log file and generates corresponding logging events.
Chainsaw uses this "receiver" to read an arbitrary log file.  There
are similar receivers for XML files, etc.  It is written in Java, but
it should be able to operate on log4net generated files.  I'd not the
one to ask for specific questions about Chainsaw or the receiver, but
if you have questions, you could ask on log4j-user.