From "Chen, Xuguang" <Xuguang.C...@cn.fid-intl.com>
Subject RE: Programmatically Change Configuration?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:24:30 GMT
Hi,Snozz:

     I reset my log4net configuration in global.asax for asp.net project.

     string serverMapPath = Server.MapPath("~");
     string configFile = serverMapPath +
ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["Log4NetPath"];
     log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch(new
System.IO.FileInfo(configFile));

      Hope can help you.

     Napo.chen

-----Original Message-----
From: Duder Himer [mailto:websnozz@yahoo.com]
Sent: 2007年11月21日 4:36
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Programmatically Change Configuration?

Is there a way to programmatically change the configuration through the
log4net API?  For example, when my application is run for the first time, I
want to allow the user to provide their smtp host for the SmtpAppender, and
have that information saved to the configuration.

I'm trying to read through the log4net code the loads the configuration to
see if there is something there I can make use of, but I'm getting a little
lost.  I am not familier with NUnit, thus I don't have the source setup to
compile such that I can step though the code.  So I am manually looking
through the code, starting at the default XmlConfigurator.Configure()
method, and jumping through the defines of the methods it calls.  It gets
really confusing when the GetRepository functions are using interfaces, and
I have to figure out which implementation of that interface would actually
be used so that I can look through the functions being called.

Thanks in advance.

-Snozz

  _____

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51732/*http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/> how.