From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could you fix the links under "Example App" page at website?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 17:37:24 GMT

On Nov 5, 2007, at 7:28 AM, Ron Grabowski wrote:

> There is bold text at the top of the page that says:
>
> "
> The following examples are only available in the log4net release
> download, not on-line. To obtain the examples download one of the
> log4net releases.
> "
>
> You can browse the examples in the SVN repository:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4net/trunk/examples/
>
> There page has some Javascript in its onload handler that is
> suppose to disable those links if its on a webserver and not on
> your local machine. Apparently its not being sent out correctly.
> I'll investigate that.

That script was lost in the migration to Maven for site generation
back at the end of July (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
LOG4NET-117 and log4net-dev discussion on 20-July-2007).  I'm not
sure there is an easy way to restore it and I'm think it might just
be easier to make that content available on-line.  I don't think a
few extra samples will kill the disk space we are using on
logging.apache.org.  It doesn't seem to be an urgent issue and I have
some of those at the moment (log4j failing tests on Gump), but one
that needs to be addressed before release.  Either log it as a new
bug or add it as a comment to LOG4NET-117.