From Paul_uniquename <wavean...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: No logs on vista in program files
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 06:39:56 GMT

Not only that, I am using a static logger class that uses
XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch().

I only have the Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData setting at
runtime. Have you got any code that fixes this on vista? I can't edit
log4net.config at design time with the new path or can I?

<file value="mylog.log" />

Is there an easy way to make it use a directory under
Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData without recoding the log
class?

Of course I'm not sure a user can write to CommonApplicationData either.