From dawebber <dawebb...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about ConfigurationResetEvent
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:56:43 GMT
Hello, all!

I would like to make use of (and piggyback on) log4net's ability to watch
the app config file for changes. I have a Windows Service, which I would
like to have the ability to reread configuration on the fly, after I edit
the configuration file.

I use the following to init the logger:

log4net.ILog _logger = log4net.LogManager.GetLogger(
System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);

I can see in the debug output that ConfigurationResetEvent fires when I
change the file. So, that works well.

But, when I try to do this:

_logger.Logger.Repository.ConfigurationResetEvent +=new
log4net.Repository.LoggerRepositoryConfigurationResetEventHandler
(Logger_ConfigurationResetEvent);

My event handler doesn't fire when the config file changes.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me on this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Mark Gimelfarb.