From "Dave McEwan" <dmce...@harmonyis.com>
Subject RE: Config log4net in n-tiear application Framework 2.0!
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:17:46 GMT

For each project, reference the log4net dll and put the following line
in the assemblyInfo file:

            [assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(
ConfigFile="log4net.config",Watch=true )]

Now at the class level for each class add the following line to create
an instance of the logger:

            private static readonly ILog log = LogManager.GetLogger(
MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);

Now you can make calls like so from your methods:

            log.Error(ex.Message.ToString(), ex);

Hope that helps

Dave