From "Proeller, Ulrich" ...@prosa-gmbh.de>
Subject AW: Application to view output from a RollingFileAppender
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:39:11 GMT
Hello Ian,

the current version of Log4View can only parse XML formatted messages.
I am thinking about adding a pattern layout parser in the next version, but I'm not sure,
if it will parse all kind of patterns flawlessly. There are a lot of conceivable patterns
that lead to quite ambiguous log messages where you need a lot of artificial intelligence
to infer the meaning of the different parts of a message.

Kind regards

Uli

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Ulrich Proeller
prosa GmbH

Hartwaldstraße 27
86415 Mering
Fon: +49 (8233) 30510
Fax: +49 (8233) 30502
Mobile: +49 (171) 7190650
Web: www.prosa-gmbh.de <https://212.227.126.10/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.prosa-gmbh.de>

EMail: up@prosa-gmbh.de

prosa Gesellschaft für System und Anwendungsentwicklung mbH
GF: Ulrich Proeller, Ulrike Proeller
AG Augsburg, HRB 17165
Ust.-Id. Nr: DE202375536