From "Owen Corpening" <ocorpen...@Initiatesystems.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: Log4Net or MS Logging Application Block?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:19:39 GMT
I second that, but beyond "me-too", the only thing I need that I don't have currently is aspect-based
logging or the equivalent. In general I have concluded that .net aspect technologies are not-there-yet.

I want to be able to add logging at build or runtime, ideally for runtime I can just add a
jar with some kind of config file to an existing app and get the logging I need ...

Obviously no amount of wrapping will even lead in such a direction ...

Or maybe just-in-time logging, where it will somehow without a performance penalty buffer
the last bit of logging then when an exception happens start logging 5 minutes ago ....

As for wrapping for "down the road" I have not seen many applications even make it down the
road ... they all keep getting rewritten or close to it as new technologies keep arriving
... so log4net being the best-in-breed I say use it ....

owen