From "Walden H. Leverich" <Wald...@TechSoftInc.com>
Subject RE: Config log4net in n-tiear application Framework 2.0!
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:28:03 GMT
> For each project, reference the log4net dll and put the following line
in the assemblyInfo file:

I agree with referencing the log4net.dll, but I don't think you need to
put the [assembly...] attribute in. At least not if the top-level
application (asp.net) does the configure through code. We don't use the
attribute at all and we get logging from all our levels. Our ASP.Net
code does though do this in global.sasx:

        protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)

        {

            string configFile =
Server.MapPath(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["log4net-config-file"]);

            log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch(new
System.IO.FileInfo(configFile));

            log = log4net.LogManager.GetLogger(

System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);

            log.InfoFormat("Watching '{0}'", configFile);

        }

-Walden

--

Walden H Leverich III