From "Walden H. Leverich" <Wald...@TechSoftInc.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: Log4Net or MS Logging Application Block?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:09:39 GMT
> I personally have my own wrapper object that includes a Logger
instance and I create a

>static one of those per code class.  I am budgeting about 100bytes per
instance at, say,

>10K classes max for 1MB working set usage. I'm not sure if this is
accurate.

I assume you mean 10K instances, not 10K classes, that would be one hell
of a class library. J

Assuming it is indeed instances then why are you counting bytes per
instance? What instance data are you storing? We've gone with the one
logger instance per class via a static logger and since it's static it
would not add any storage to the instance, right? What am I missing?

-Walden

--

Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software