From "Walden H. Leverich" <Wald...@TechSoftInc.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: Log4Net or MS Logging Application Block?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:34:05 GMT
> Audit will require transactions, which is to say that the calling code
needs
>to know if the Audit message has been persisted or not before it can
>continue.

>From the log4net FAQ on the Apache site:
"Is log4net a reliable logging system?"
"No. log4net is not reliable. It is a best-effort and fail-stop logging
system."

I don't love the use of the word "reliable" as everyone wants to use
something that's reliable, but the point of the statement is, IF
something fails in log4net it was designed to NOT stop the application
from running. Now, you could probably rework some of the plumbing, but I
think log4net is orthogonal to an audit log.

Having said that, you'll have to pry log4net out of my cold dead hands.
:)

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III