From "Radovan Raszka" <ras...@hasam.cz>
Subject RE: UDP Appender Issues
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 06:30:17 GMT
Hi Scott,
according exception detail there is problem in remote host specification
- mentioned  address ::1 seems to be IPv6 type, but log4net probably
supports only IPv4.
If log4net can not be configured to use IPv6, you can try to uninstall
IPv6 protocol pro your PC, if possible.
Radovan

________________________________

	From: Scott Glass [mailto:scott.glass@gmail.com]
	Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 6:21 PM
	To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
	Subject: UDP Appender Issues

	Hello,

	  I'm trying to log events to ChainSaw using the UdpAppender.
However, even after following the directions on the web site I keep
getting the message:

	log4net:ERROR [UdpAppender] Unable to send logging event to
remote host ::1 on port 8080.

	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An address incompatible with
the requested protocol was used

	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32
offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)

	   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Send(Byte[] dgram, Int32
bytes, IPEndPoint endPoint)

	   at log4net.Appender.UdpAppender.Append(LoggingEvent
loggingEvent)

	A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException'
occurred in
com.sungard.servicemanagement.AuthListService_200708.InfoModel.DLL

	The thread 0x918 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

	<appender name="UdpAppender"
type="log4net.Appender.UdpAppender">

	    <remoteAddress value="127.0.0.1" />

	    <remotePort value="8080" />

	    <layout type="log4net.Layout.XmlLayoutSchemaLog4j">

	        <locationInfo value="true" />

	    </layout>

	</appender>

	Firewall rules are in place to allow UDP:8080 traffic and
netStat shows an open listener on port 8080.

	I'm at a loss, any ideas?

	Thanks,

	Scott