From "Radovan Raszka" <ras...@hasam.cz>
Subject RE: Disable/enable appender for all loggers
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 21:26:36 GMT
Thanks for proposal to John and Ron, it works well.
But when I tried the reverse strategy (set Threshold to OFF in config file and change to DEBUG
when needed), I noticed that empty log file (Service.log in my configuration) is created (file
size = 0 bytes).
Can this feature be disabled?

I think it would be great to add some samples of programatic configuration into SDK documentation
- current documentation is completely out of any example.
Radovan

________________________________

Od: Ron Grabowski [mailto:rongrabowski@yahoo.com]
Odesláno: pá 3.8.2007 4:51
Komu: Log4NET User
Předmět: Re: Disable/enable appender for all loggers

Instead of removing the appender you could just set its threshold to OFF then when you want
to enable it again you can set it back to DEBUG:

// untested
public static void SetThreshold(string appenderName, Level threshold)
{
    foreach (AppenderSkeleton appender in LogManager.GetRepository().GetAppenders())
    {
        if (appender.Name == appenderName)
        {
            appender.Threshold = threshold;