From "Karnecki, David (Modis)" <karnecki_da...@ne.bah.com>
Subject RE: log4net WILL NOT write to the log file.
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:38:05 GMT
Good Morning Ron,

Thank you for the quick response.

After sending the initial email someone here suggested that I add

<Assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator()>

to my project and that has given a more complete debug log that I have
attached.
The same problem but with log4net error messages. The error indicates
incorrect permissions, but as I stated earlier, ASPNET does have write
permissions on the \Log subdir.
The web.config sections follow below and the debug log and a wordpad
file that contains a screenshot of the \Log subdir ASPNET permissions is
also attached.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave K

>From web.config.  The sections follow:
<!--  log4net Appender settings  -->
  <configSections>
    <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler, log4net"
requirePermission="false"/>
  </configSections>
  <system.diagnostics>
    <trace autoflush="true">
      <listeners>
        <add
		name="textWriterTraceListener"
		type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
		initializeData="C:\temp\log4net.txt" />
      </listeners>
    </trace>
  </system.diagnostics>
  <log4net>
    <logger name="PTS">
      <level value="ALL"/>
      <appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender"/>
    </logger>
    <root>
      <level value="INFO"/>
      <appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender"/>
    </root>
    <appender name="RollingFileAppender"
      <param name="File" value="C:\PTS1.3\Log"/>
      <param name="AppendToFile" value="true"/>
      <rollingStyle value="Size"/>
      <maxSizeRollBackups value="10"/>
      <maximumFileSize value="10MB"/>
        <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%-5p %d{yyyy-MM-dd
hh:mm:ss} - %m%n"/>
      </layout>
    </appender>
  </log4net>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="log4net.Internal.Debug" value="true"/>