From Dan Blanchard <sattvikvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Application being the remoting server
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:04:00 GMT
Hello,

Looking through the docs and examples, it seems that you need to have a
remoting server already running to have an application use a
RemotingAppender to send messages via remoting.  I have another need, I
would like my application to sort of be a server, to wait for a client
to connect, and then send messages to that client.  I did this several
years ago with Sockets, but is there a way to do it with log4net as is?

Perhaps I could have my application listen on a socket port, and when a
client connects, I can add a remoting appender with the details a client
provides... any comments / suggestions on this method?

Thanks,

Dan