From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: LevelMatchFilter gone?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 04:28:17 GMT
Both versions look correct. Are you wanting an appender to only record FATAL messages? If so,
setting the appender's threshold property instead of using a filter chain discards non-FATAL
messages faster:

<appender name="SmtpAppender" type="log4net.Appender.SmtpAppender">
 <to value="..." />
 <from value="..." />
 <subject value="Fatal" />
 <smtpHost value="smtp" />
 <bufferSize value="1" />
 <threshold value="FATAL" />
 <layout type="log4net.Layout.SimpleLayout" />
</appender>

----- Original Message ----

From: Ben Peikes <bpeikes@gargoylestrategic.com>

To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:05:54 AM

Subject: LevelMatchFilter gone?

We seem to be getting flooded with messages in our logs since we upgraded to the newest version.

   Our configuration files have the following format:

   <filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelMatchFilter">

   <param name="LevelToMatch" value="FATAL"/>

   </filter>

   I’m seeing on the web instances where the following format is being used:

   <filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelMatchFilter">

   < LevelToMatch value="FATAL"/>

   </filter>

   Is the LevelMatchFilter no longer supported in 1.2.10 or did the format for config files
change?