From "Vanderkolk, John" <John.Vanderk...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: Building A Custom Logger
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:35:40 GMT
The cleanest way of doing this would be to implement your own
LogManager. However if you really don't want to do that and want to just
have your IInterface and InterfaceImpl, the best way I see would be to
make sure your InterfaceImpl constructor is public and use log4net's
LogManager to get an ILog, and use its ILogger to initialize your
InterfaceImpl:

    IInterface _logger = new
InterfaceImpl(log4net.LogManager(typeof(MyClass)).Logger);

A cleaner way would be to add a new constructor to your InterfaceImpl:

    public InterfaceImpl(Type type) : base
(log4net.LogManager.GetLogger(type).Logger) { }

so that you can do this:

    IInterface _logger = new InterfaceImpl(typeof(MyClass));

John VanderKolk