From "Parrish, Ken" <KParr...@gomez.com>
Subject ConfigureAndWatch for a web app ...
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:56:11 GMT
I am attempting to use the method XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch for
a web service application.  In the Application_Start method in
Global.asax, I have change from:

XmlConfiguration.Configure();

XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch("web.config");

However, log4net appears not to configure properly.  I suspect that
log4net cannot find 'web.config' since the current directory for the
executing application context is not the root directory of my web site.

How can I indicate to log4net where 'web.config' is located without
having to specify an absolute path?  Is there a way in Global.asax to
'fetch' the root directory of my web application so that I can supply it
to the ConfigureAndWatch method?

Thank you,

Ken Parrish

Bedford, MA