From "Gulati, Jay, GCM" <Jay.Gul...@rbsgc.com>
Subject RE: Reading config in business layer
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:19:11 GMT
You are some what right but logging will be from .net business layer not
from asp but not sure how to set configuration in asp app as assembly
can't read config file.
What I need is code required in asp app and I think c# code is same
either way.

Regards,
-Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Price, Randall [mailto:randallp@vt.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 11:13 AM
To: Log4NET User; danny@jaguarsoftware.com
Subject: RE: Reading config in business layer

If I read your question correctly, it sounds like you want to consume
the log4net .NET assembly from a classic ASP page, not from an ASP.NET
page.  Is that correct?

If so, you need to follow some steps in order to use a .NET assembly
from a classic ASP page.

Here is a link that might help:

http://weblogs.asp.net/dneimke/archive/2004/01/31/65330.aspx

Randall Price

Secure Enterprise Technology Initiatives
Microsoft Implementation Group
Virginia Tech Information Technology
1700 Pratt Drive
Blacksburg, VA  24060