From "Vanderkolk, John" <John.Vanderk...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: Multiple connections to same file
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:54:53 GMT
I apologize. I did not research this topic well enough before posting,
please disregard my problem.

John VanderKolk

________________________________

From: Vanderkolk, John [mailto:John.Vanderkolk@compuware.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:44 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Multiple connections to same file

Hello,

I'm working on a project that involves multiple solutions logging to the
same files. It seems that if two different executables try to log to the
same file through a RollingFileAppender, only the one that first gets
configured is allowed access and the other has to wait until the first
releases its hold on it. Is there any way to allow both of them to have
write access to the same file? When I think about it it seems a bit
farfetched that log4net would be able to do that, but there's always the
hope that someone's figured it out.

Version of log4net: 1.2.10

John VanderKolk
john.vanderkolk@compuware.com

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the
named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it,
or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify
us immediately and then destroy it.