From "Landry, Daniel" <Daniel.Lan...@fnf.com>
Subject aspnet_regiis
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 13:05:39 GMT
We are using version 1.2 of log4net.  I have a question regarding
aspnet_regiis that allows the encryption of portions of the web.config
file.  I am trying to run the following command which is supposed to
encrypt the log4net section of the web.config:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pe
"log4net" -app "/encrypt_florida"

It errors with:

Encrypting configuration section...
An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for
log4net: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net' or one of
 its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
(C:\Temp\encrypt_florida\florida_ctic_com1\florida_ctic_com\web
.config line 12)

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net' or one of its dependencies.
Failed!

Has anyone attempted to do this or is there a better way to encrypt the
connection string for the AdoNetAppender?

Thanks,
Daniel Landry
Software Engineer
Fidelity Information Services