From <ni...@apache.org>
Subject RE: %l to %level difference..
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:48:19 GMT
Which version of log4net are you using?

------------
Nicko Cadell
log4net development
http://logging.apache.org/log4net

-----Original Message-----
From: nmarun [mailto:nmarun8@hotmail.com]
Sent: 30 April 2007 18:36
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: %l to %level difference..

Hi,

I'm having an trouble with %l and %level specifiers. My
RollingLogFileAppender is as below:

[CODE]

<appender name="RollingLogFileAppender"
	<file value="..\\Logs\\CurrentLog.log" />
	<appendToFile value="true" />
	<datePattern value="yyyyMMdd" />
	<rollingStyle value="Date" />
	<filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelRangeFilter">
		<acceptOnMatch value="true" />
		<levelMin value="INFO" />
		<levelMax value="FATAL" />
	</filter>
		<conversionPattern value="%level" />
	</layout>
</appender>
[/CODE]

When i look into the log file, I see a value of:

'Log4NetWeb.Default.Page_Load(c:\arun\testprojects\log4netsamplesolution
\log4netweb\default.aspx.cs:39)evel'

It seems like the conversion of %l is occurring first, thus showing the
location and then 'evel' is appended to it. How do I correct it?

Thanks in advance,
Arun