From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FileAppender+MinimalLock not working as expected - Correction!
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:14:32 GMT
How are you trying to open the file in code?

----- Original Message ----

From: "Price, Randall" <randallp@vt.edu>

To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>

Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2007 4:49:27 PM

Subject: RE: FileAppender+MinimalLock not working as expected - Correction!

   When my WinForms application is running I CAN double-click on the log file from Windows
Explorer and open the log file in Notepad.

   But when I click my View Log File button on my application, I get the “process cannot
access … being used by another process” error message.  However process should be the
same process making the request to open the file for reading.

   Has anyone ever done something like this before?