From "Dean Fiala" <dfi...@celadonlabs.com>
Subject RE: AW: Problem if Log4Net is used in to different DLLs within a project
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:26:14 GMT
Learned something new -- thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Karel Kral [mailto:kral.konf@volny.cz]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 6:59 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Re: AW: Problem if Log4Net is used in to different DLLs within a
project

Yes, it is possible. I have this requirement in dll - COM service, which has
no EXE entry point. You must to manually call
Config.XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch(New
FileInfo(KasaInstLog4NetConfigFile)) at the time of DLL inicialization.

For other dll you must create AliasRepository attributes (see log4net
examples).
<Assembly: AliasRepository("Anete.Devices")>
<Assembly: AliasRepository("Anete.Kasa8.Common")>

---------
VB.NET, VS2005 Pro, XP Pro/P4 3GHz, 2GB RAM
Karel Kral, vyvojar
ANETE, s.r.o.

On 23.2.2007 12:03, Hans-Theo Jungeblut wrote:
> HI Fiala,
> Thanks for your response.
>
> The problem is, I will do not want to configure the .exe.conf of the
application, as I produce only library DLLs used by other developers within
their applications.

> Moreover, as it is described in the log4net documentation as I understood
it, it is possible to configure log4net on the DLL not the application base.