From "Jonas Nordström" <jonas.nordst...@gmail.com>
Subject RollingFileAppender almost never rolls
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:39:43 GMT
I have a c#-assembly that uses a RollingFileAppender for logging. The config
file looks something like:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<log4net threshold="INFO">

<appender name="RollingLogFileAppender" type="
log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
<file value="y:\\MyApp\\log\\MyApp_rolling.log" />
<appendToFile value="true" />
<rollingStyle value="Date" />
<datePattern value="_yyyyMMdd" />
<conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%property{NDC}]
- %message%newline" />
</layout>
</appender>
<root>
<level value="DEBUG" />
<appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender" />
</root>
</log4net>

This dll is used by a multithreaded managed c++ server through
interop-calls, but it is the dll that does all the logging.

The problem is that the files are not rolling. Well sometimes they are, once
or twice a month or so, but not every day like I want to.
Should I use some sort of file locking mechanism?
All sorts of input welcome.

--
Jonas Nordström