From "Budamala, Jayakumar [CCC-OT_IT]" <jayakumar.budam...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Wrapping Log4Net in a Facade --> incorrect LocationInfo shown for file, methods....
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:14:57 GMT
Hi Jose,

if possible could you send me the Facade class for the log4net, I want to provide same thing
to the developers.

there is some property, that you can use to stop going to the levells. may be nesting level
something like this.

Thanks and regards,
Jayakumar Budamala
Citigroup Architecture &  Technology Engineering (CATE)  - EIT
Citigroup Campus
283, King George Rd
Warren, NJ - 07059
Tel : 908-563-3064

  _____

From: José Joye [mailto:jose.joye@bluewin.ch]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:54 PM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Wrapping Log4Net in a Facade --> incorrect LocationInfo shown for file, methods....

Hello,

We are trying the Log4Net in our projects. However, for different reasons, we want to expose
it to our developers through a Tracing/Error class facade.
Doing so, we face the following problem:

Whenever an Appender print information about LocationInfo (File, line, Method,....). It will
take information related to the caller of the Log4Net method (which is the facade in our case).

Is there any way to tell Log4Net not to walk more more level on the stackTrace so as to retrieve
the information?

Thanks a lot!

- Jose