From "Sanders, Brian" <BSand...@connextions.com>
Subject RE: Log4net not working as expected
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:58:27 GMT
I think I figured it out. I think there were 2 versions of the log4net DLL.
One in the GAC, and one in the same directory as the exe. The exe was using
one version while everything else was using another. I removed the dll from
the GAC made some changes and so far it seems to be working. Thanks to those
who responded.

Brian Sanders

  _____

From: Dean Fiala [mailto:dfiala@celadonlabs.com]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 10:18 PM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: re: Log4net not working as expected

Just a thought, since you are declaring the log member in the dll class as
static, it might be getting instantiated before the configuration has run.
Why not either make it property

protected static log4net.ILog log
{

    return log4net.LogManager.GetLogger("EngineTasksFactory");
}

or just declare it locally in the method.

I have applications that have multiple assemblies all working as you would
expect.

  _____