From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XmlHierarchyConfigurator
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 05:17:45 GMT
The call to SetParameter (XmlHierarchyConfigurator.cs:185) in the foreach loop inside the Configure
method could be replaced with a call to ParseUnknownElement:

 protected virtual ParseUnknownElement(XmlElement xmlElement, Hierarchy hierarchy)
 {
  SetParameter(xmlElement, hierarchy);
 }

to match ParseLogger, ParseRenderer, etc. That would allow you do extend XmlHierarchyConfigurator
and do custom processing on user defined top level elements. The default behavior of calling
SetParameter would remain the same.

----- Original Message ----
From: Igor Trofimov <iamhere2@gmail.com>
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 1:37:21 PM
Subject: Re: XmlHierarchyConfigurator

Well, i want to add recognition of my specific elements in hierarchy
configuration, similar to <logger>.
And this elements can contain <appender-ref> elements (just as logger do)
with reference to some appender - so, i can't use default capabilities of
SetParameter - there can't be sutable add-method for "appender-ref".

You wrote to "Log4NET User" <log4net-user@logging.apache.org> on Sun, 17 Dec
2006 10:02:22 -0800 (PST):