From "Steve Burkett" <Steve.Burk...@symyx.com>
Subject RollingFileAppender & concurrency
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:50:25 GMT

Hello,

We have a .Net v2 asp.net webservice that uses log4net. Our customers
want to run our product in a webgarden (multiple processes running on
the same machine).  Each process, uses the same web.config, and thus the
same RollingFileAppender file name.

Will the service interleave the log calls to the single file correct? (a
simple test I did with a console app, running in two windows, didn't
interleave correctly).

Is there a switch on RollingFileAppender to allow concurrency?  Another
(file based) appender?

Thanks! :-)

=======
information of Symyx Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliates or
subsidiaries that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted,
privileged and/or protected work product, and is meant solely for
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, and
have received this message in error, please contact the sender
immediately, permanently delete the original and any copies of this
email and any attachments thereto.