From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ListView Appender
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:23:51 GMT
The code should be similiar to a RichTextBox. You may have to think about limiting the ListView
to display only the last X log messages so you don't use up all the memory (maybe use CyclicBuffer?).
I remember there being a few log4net viewers out there. You may want to see if any of those
programs have special code that uses log4net in conjunction with a ListView control.

----- Original Message ----
From: Lee Keel <lee.keel@uai.com>
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 2:41:09 PM
Subject: ListView Appender

Hello all!

I am trying to find out if anyone has written an appender for a ListView or
if there is some reason that I shouldn't do so.  I currently have an
appender for a RichTextBox that I found on the net, so it seemed a fairly
logical progression to go with a ListView.  But I didn't know someone had
done this already and found some major pitfall that I hadn't encountered
yet.

Thanks,
Lee Keel
in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail.