From harry.dougl...@pnc.com
Subject RE: How to pass data to custom ADONetAppender parameters?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:56:22 GMT
Thanks, Georg!  I really appreciate the quick response.

Harry Douglass
Consumer Lending Application Development
X2-1035

             "Georg Jansen"
             <Georg.Jansen@Fak
             tNet.com>                                                  To
                                       "'Log4NET User'"
             09/07/2006 01:42          <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: How to pass data to custom
              "Log4NET User"           ADONetAppender parameters?
             <log4net-user@log
             ging.apache.org>

Sorry, an error in the parameter definition in my previous mail.

Harry,

Inserting custom data using the AdoNetAppender si pretty straight forward,
first you have to modify the sql statement in the configuration file to
something like:

<commandText value="INSERT INTO Log4Net
([Date],[Thread],[Level],[Logger],[Message],[Exception],[MyColumn]) VALUES
(@log_date, @thread, @log_level, @logger, @message, @exception,@MyColumn)"
/>

And add a new parameter definition for the custom column for example like:

<parameter>
   <parameterName value="@MyColumn "/>
   <dbType value="String" />
   <size value="255" />
      <conversionPattern value="%property{MyColumn}" />
   </layout>
</parameter>

Then you use one of log4net’s contexts to transfer values to the parameter
for example:

log4net.GlobalContext.Properties["MyColumn"] = "MyValue";
log.Debug("My message")

Best regards
Georg
http://www.l4ndash.com - Log4net Dashboard